UM100 Ultra Metal review by Behringer

Behringer: UM100 Ultra Metal

Purchased from: Sergio Tomassone

I use this pedal with my Marshall MG30DFX and my Ibanez GRG270B and I can play both bands like Death and Judas Priest. On the higher settings it's a little bit noisy but it's not annoying. The more you turn the volume up the more it sounds great. The only effect of this pedal is distortion, which I think is very good for this price.

I've been playing for two years and it's the best pedal I've tried so far. I play almost every kind of metal, and I think it matches well with heavy, power, death and trash. I would have tried this pedal before buying it but I couldn't, now it doesn't matter anyway. I love it because it's very versatile and I think I would buy it again if it was stolen. I chase this one because it's the cheapest and because I wanted to get a powerful sound out of my amplifier.

I think it's very robust even if it's covered by plastic and not by metal. I've never used it on a gig but I think I would use it also without a backup.

This Ultra Metal 100 Pedal is very easy to use because with only six controls (distortion, volume, high, mid, mid frequency, low) you can get a lot of different sounds suitable for any kind of metal sound, from death to heavy. The manual is very small and has got only useless informations like "where to put the jack" and doesn't have useful information like how to use the equalizer to get a sound which fits well the kind of music you want to play.

OttovanZanten
    hm... read the reviews for the pedals, this 1 was best dont think this is TOO MUCH distortion, it's not only for metal, just turn down the gain and u can use for more kinds of music..
    metallicax
    does this pedal sound like the boss MT-2 (metal zone) cuz if does im gona get me one. how much is it in aus.
    OttovanZanten
    If you don't mind the plastic, (wich doesn't break easily!), get this 1!! especially because of the price
    Eskimohoe
    lmao, its not that great of a pedal, i have one. its got...too..fuzzy of a sound, at least through my frontman. and these articles lie...you cant get any sound you want out of it.(not saying you cant get what you want out of it, but for stuff like bodom, heavy metallica etc, no way.)
    thebrokensmile
    i just got one on sunday for 40 bucks (australian dollar) marked down from 60. i got this one and i tested it out. its a great little pedal. i brought this one cuz my digitech metal master got stolen i'm gonna track down the *****. but i wont replace this. it kicks ass for something so cheap.