UM100 Ultra Metal review by Behringer

Behringer: UM100 Ultra Metal

Purchased from: Unisound

I'm using my Behringer effect with a Behringer V-Tone amp, and a Yamaha guitar (just a piece of ****, soon buying a Jackson JS30RR). When you turned of the volume control on the guitar the effect goes a bit noisy, but when playing there is no noise in the background. The dist is pretty good. Not very roaring but good. The sustain is quite okay but that might depend on the guitar. I can't really get the Helloween dist out of it but the sound is good anyway.

I play most metal and of course it's a good match. I've been playing for two years and still the Behringer is my only effect. If this were stolen I'd try something else, only becourse I'd want to try something else. I'd like even better dist. I wish it had different "channels" to get different sounds. 2 or 3 would be enough.

I can surely depend on it on a gig without any backup at all. I just have to make sure I've got a Brand New battery in it every gig, becourse this Machine is eatin these batterys up quickly. one battery may last 2-3 weeks or so. I've used it on a couple gigs and it works fine. But I definitely say that if you got the right sound it's just to go out rocking and don't worry about the effect. It goes hard all the time.

The effect is very easy to use. Just get a battery, stamp it and get metal! It's easy to get the sound you want with just the 6 knobs (dist, volume, 3 band EQ+ mid freq). I didn't get any manual, but it's no need to have one. I only got the safety notes.