UM100 Ultra Metal review by Behringer

Behringer: UM100 Ultra Metal

Purchased from: Guitar Amp Keyboard

Its not too noisy, or atleast not more than when it's not in use. You can get decent feedback (which I like) when not playing and there's no horrible noises when playing. When you're looking for a specific tone and find it it's always satisfying and there's no difference with this pedal however some of the higher frequencey tones are a little weak. I play a lot of Grunge punk rock and metal and I find it suits for every style. there's certainly no need to write it of because it's cheap.

Now I cannot compare it to anyother product of it's kind as I have never had one, but overall I am very happy with it. Anyone stole it, if it breaks or I loose I would probably buy it again though I may try a different Behringer pedal. I play rock, punk, Grunge, metal and when it's switched on from playin clean it sure is satisfactory (its played through a 15 watt Marshall amp (though asap a Behringer stack)and my guitar is a Vintage SG copy with 2 Wilkinson Humbuckers. Best feature is deffinatly sound for money worst is it's made with plactic but it's not been damaged yet thankfully.

I will always depend on it, I gig a lot and it's not failed me yet and I have never had back up (partly due to the fact I don't have the cash to buy multiple of the same thing.)I would be worried about dropping it though, as it is plactic and not metal and just make sure to regulaly change the battery but apart from that there's nothing to worry about.

This was the first pedal I got and I cannot complain about ease of use, a muppet could do it. Though the manual is brief it says all it needs to, there's nothing more to it than twisting knobs until you're happy. Changing the battery is pretty simple, it requires a little will power though as you need to find a thin enough implement to open it.

sg4ever
    They're SO inexpensive! They sound pretty good too!! My Kustom Quad DFX 65 sounds pretty sweet, but it can only get a regular crunch for punky stuff and grungy stuff. Now I can get the best of both worlds! Nice cleans, warm and crunchy mid-gain, more aggressive hard rock, and super heavy distortion.
    FFTLxx
    I have this pedal for my bass, I couldn't ask for a better sound, and it cost me $40!!!
    AllOpenStrings
    okay, 3 friends of mine bought the same dist pedal, and it conked out on them after a month. sure its cheap, and the dist sounds good but it wont last dick.period. the phrase "you get what you pay for" comes to mind easily. get a f**king boss or somethin.... maybe a damage control demonizer or a rocktron silver dragon (i lvoe that beast)
    eggy1991
    i call that bad luck AllOpenStrings... I have had tis pedal since its realease, and it has had no downfalls at all... just sucks batteries like lollipops