UM100 Ultra Metal review by Behringer

Behringer: UM100 Ultra Metal

Purchased from: Your Music (local store)

Well, I use a Stratocaster 2 classic Fender pickups on the neck and middle position and 1 Squier pickup on the bridge position. I mostly use the neck and the middle pickup, very rarely the bridge pickup. I also have few other custom made guitars but 1 which I mainly use with this pedal, a custom made with EMG 60, 81 active humbuckers. The amp I use is a Fender Frontman 15R and I sometimes also hook up a subwoofer to my amp so that it gives me a more bassy sound. Well, the pedal does make a little bit of noise when you have it on and you're not playing the guitar. I have my amp's bass on full and treble and medium on half, and the pedals eq. set like this: high on 0, both the mids on 75% and the low on full. I use it to play metal (all types, heavy, death, grindcore etc)stuff like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Korn, Slipknot, etc and some classical rock like led zeppelin, etc. and a little bit of nirvana (but for Grunge I have a DigiTech Grunge pedal) and this pedal gives me a good sound. The pedal is certainly good (if not great).

As I said before, I mainly play all types of metal, Grunge and classic rock.. also a little bit of blues and jazz, but mainly metal/grunge/rock, and I think that this pedal is pretty good for those three genres. not the best, but certainly a good one. I've been playing for about 1yr and a few months. I also own a DigiTech Grunge pedal, a Behringer UD100 distortion pedal and a Korg AX5G multi effects pedal (which I'll be changing soon). If this pedal was stolen, I don't think I would buy the same one again, as I'm an experimental guitarist, and I like experimenting with different pedals and other stuff, and also because of the fact that the Korg AX5G has a good metal effect on it. The only 1 other pedal I've compared this one to was the Boss mt2, I don't know why, but I just did, and I think that the Boss mt2 is a better pedal for metal than this one is. But still, this pedal is certainly not a bad pedal, and if you're a beginner than I consider you going for this pedal.

The body is of hard plastic, and there's a rubber cover on the stomp area (I'm not sure what you call that), it's designed just like any other pedal. The pedal is certainly dependable, and I haven't used this one as my main pedal on a gig, maybe once, but I don't remember, as I have a multi effects pedal as my main, I mostly use this as a backup, but yes, I think this can be used as a main pedal, as it runs for about 2 to 3 days continuously on a 9v battery.

Well, what can I say about the Behringer UM100. it's a great pedal. it's very very simple to use and you can get a great sound from it in just a couple of minutes. There is 1 control for distortion level (dist), I for volume (level), and a 4 band EQ. 1 high, 1 low, and 2 med. knobs. If you have a certain setting you use for your amp's Overdrive channel, just use the same config on this, and it will sound great (this is what I did).

FFTLxx
    yeah I have this pedal, it just broke, i'd only had it a month.