UM100 Ultra Metal review by Behringer

Behringer: UM100 Ultra Metal

Purchased from: GAK

I run the pedal through a Crate GT15R and a Jackson RR3, and I have to say it sounds great, even through a practice amp. the distortions a lot better than my amp and there's only buzzing and feedback if you crank it up and stand right next to your amp. I haven't noticed the effect getting weaker as the battery dies, and the battery itself lasts a few mounths for me (I play 1-2 hours a day). I play Children Of Bodom, Norther and Cannibal Corpse, so Death Metal type stuff in general. I can get the sound I want quite easily so there are no problems with it for that genre.

I play melodeath and death metal so this pedal suits me perfectly. I've been playing roughly 2 yrs. I own 4 other Behringer pedals, not including the now binned chorus pedal, and the rest all work fine and sound great for their price, I would definately buy it again if I lost it or it got nicked. I'd also recomend buying Behringer pedals if your looking for something that sounds good for a cheap price.

Reliability wise, I'd probably take a backup pedal. "This" Behringer pedal works fine and has never had any problems, but my Behringer Chorus pedal, that ironically cos me 15 more, slowly started to die untill the effect didn't do anything and I had to get rid of it. I guess this was just a faulty pedal as the rest of my behringers still work fine. As for how strong it seems, I see no problems there, it would only break if you were to literally stomp on it I guess, and I don't really wanna try.

This pedal is so awesome for it's price, I never expected something this cheap to actually sound good. The pedal itself is pretty simple to use, 6 knobs to change EQ, level and distortion and you can get any sound you want from it, with no feedback unless you max everything out.

rockerhead5
    for a good metal sound just set it as if it was a scale of 1-10 with dist at 10,high at 8,low at 9, mid(top) at 7,mid(bottom) at 8,and level at the same as your amp, this thing is so good that i hooked it up to a cheap first act amp with a crescent guitar and sounds like a les paul with a digitech distortion hooked to a mashall amp.