UM100 Ultra Metal review by Behringer

Behringer: UM100 Ultra Metal

Purchased from: Better Music

You can create so many different sounds with it, I use it for playing stuff like Metallica and you can get such a good crunch out of it (think '... And Justice for All'). That being said it is also pretty simple to get a lighter distortion for Iron Maiden. I'm using it with an ESP LTD M-207 and a Cube 15. My amp sucks but I'm getting a new amp this weekend so that should be great. Anyway, the only problem I can think of with this pedal is it creates a lot of feedback but as the guy said above me most distortion pedals tend to do this (in my experience).

I mostly play metal and you can really create a good metal sound for bands like Metallica, Megadeth and Iron Maiden with this pedal. Before buying this I had been saving up for the Boss MT-2 and found this to be better simply because of the price (about $140 cheaper), otherwise they are pretty much the same. If something was to happen to this pedal I'd almost definetely get another one because for the price ($40 Australian! ) it is absolutely amazing.

A lot of people seem to think because it is made out of plastic that it is weak, but unless you're really going to stomp on this thing I don't think it'd break. It's easily strong enough for a gig, I have had two with it and it worked great! But obviously a pedal made out of metal would be stronger.

I was saving up for a Boss MT-2 when I came across one of these in another nearby music store for $40, I tried it out and immediately fell in love with it. It is pretty much exactly the same as the Boss MT-2. The manual really doesn't do much and is mostly addresses and phone numbers but it is pretty darn simple to use, if you know how to use an amp then you can use this. It has 6 controls which are Gain, Volume, High, Mid, Mid Freq. & Low.