UM100 Ultra Metal review by Behringer

Behringer: UM100 Ultra Metal

Purchased from: ebay

I mainly used this pedal on solid state amps in the past. I've since upgraded my amps to tube amps and I've upgraded some of my pedals accordingly. The sound is easily tweaked via the 3-band EQ and the distortion control knobs. Feedback can get a little out of hand with this pedal, especially with the distortion knob cranked. Sound is fairly comparable to the Boss metal pedals.

I play rock and metal and this pedal is a perfect match. I have been playing for a few years now and used this pedal mainly with my solid state amps in the past. If it were lost or stolen in the past I would have definitely replaced it, but I've since upgraded so it wouldn't be necessary today. This pedal is comparable to the Boss metal pedals, and is modeled after them. All in all, a decent pedal for the price, especially if you are a beginner on a budget.

I have depended on this pedal many times in the past couple years and used it on gigs all the time without a backup. Two things I should mention here: these things chew batteries up. I use a power supply so that's not a problem. Also, these are made from plastic. Most people say this affects their reliability but they are still constructed to be very durable. I kept mine in a road-case pedalboard so mine is in perfect condition still.

Very easy stompbox to use. Controls include: Distortion, Level, 3-band EQ, and mid-freq shaping. The manual is very simple and to-the-point, although most people should be able to figure this pedal out without consulting the manual. it's very easy to get metal tones out of this pedal.

Stefmeister666
    I have one of these and i use it on my bass great fun awesome pedal get lots of feedback from it though