UO100 Ultra Octaver review by Behringer

Behringer: UO100 Ultra Octaver

Purchased from: ebay

I used this pedal with a few different Ibanez models and a Peavey Windsor. The pedal cuts out sometimes, especially when reproducing the 2 octaves down note for long periods of time. For the most part, I just blended the 3 notes to get a fatter sound..this worked for the most part and it made the sound breakup harder to hear.

I play rock and metal and overall I would say that I liked this pedal. I've been playing for a few years now and have owned a few different guitars and amps. The only thing that I would have to complain about would be the breakup in the 2nd octave range. I've tried it on many different guitars and amps so I know it's the pedal and not my other gear. If it were lost or stolen, I would consider buying another one, though I don't really use this pedal a ton.

I used this pedal a few times on gigs without a backup. However, since it is made out of plastic is reliability and durability may come into question for some people. I kept mine in my pedal board case so it suffered very little abuse. Overall, I would call this pedal reliable... I mean unless you are going to be jumping up and down on it you shouldn't break it!

I bought this pedal a couple years ago when I first started playing guitar. It's a decent pedal for the price, but a little unstable at times. It came with a manual but the pedal is fairly straight forward. This pedal will produce two notes in addition to the original note: 1 octave lower and 2 octaves lower.

naxo_udec
    i have a digitech IV whammy pedal and it has harmony and whammy octaves and i'm quite happy with it,although it's is far more expensive, i think that buying one allows you limitless possibilities of weird and crazy sounds