UO100 Ultra Octaver review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Behringer: UO100 Ultra Octaver

Purchased from: thomann.de

I use it with a Fender Strat and a Laney LX12 amp and it gets some pretty good sounds out of it,as long as you play on the lower strings and the sound doesn't decide to cut out. It gives me the sound I was looking for, but it doesn't give me it in the way I was looking for it. Put it this way, if I were looking for an octaver that cut out every 20 minutes or so, I would have made my own. Still, it gives out a nice sound none the less.

I play a big variation, playing A7X one moment to playing Jason Mraz the next, and this is more of a hard rock/metal sort of pedal, but only really fit rythem or deep solos like Nirvana. I've played for two and a half years now, and this is my first pedal, but if it were stolen, I wouldn't really care much honestly, probably just go and make my own instead. I love that it gives me this fuller sound when playing solo but, I hate that you can only get lower octaves of the one you're playing, instead of higher. I've not had it long now but, I never has that new product rush after I first used it.

While it may not be completely reliable soundwise, it certainly won't break on you. Though I haven't gigged with it yet, I've already put it through my personal "gig test" which basically means i hit it as hard as I could with my foot and see if it breaks, and it stayed undamaged. that said, still with the sound problems, I wouldn't take it to a gig, just incase it cut out on my big solo.

Too start off, the UO100 is a decent ocataver, not a brilliant one, but not an awful one either. Just like other Behringer single effect pedals, it is simple to use and changes in the settings are easily noticable. However, when Behringer were writing the manual, they were quite lazy, things weren't made obvious and it took me find the english manual underneath the chinese and japenese manuals and everything else they put in the box.