UP100 Ultra Phase Shifter review by Behringer

Behringer: UP100 Ultra Phase Shifter

I use this with a razorback db and a 34 year old 50 watt peavy amp and occasionaly combine it with my DigiTech Death Metal distortion. It makes that wavy windy nosie in the back ground when you don't play it but it sounds kinda cool. The effects are great until it looses batery power, then it comes out as kind of a clean distortion with no wave and then no ditiortion added wen it's really low. You can get the sound of some pantera songs, a few Slipknot songs fur shure, and some Korn, other bands I don't no about mainly because I haven't heard much of some bands that might use a phaser. The 1st mode of the phaser is alright but I usually only use it to accent a few parts here and there like a Pick slide down the neck witch sounds pretty cool. But my favorite is the second mode because it sounds great with a lot of things and it sounds good with vibratos and things like that.

I play a lot of metal and some thrash a little nu metaland alittle grove metal. And it fits in just fine although it's not used as much as I thought I would use it. I've played for a few years and I own a razorback db, a 50watt peavy amp a DigiTech Death Metal distortion and some other old guitar from the stone age with junky humbukers. I would have asked if there were any cool settins so I didn't have to take 2 minutes to play wit hit, I was impatient because I just wanted to go play it. I would buy it again but not right away because I have other pedals I want first. I love that it's second mode sounds so cool but I wish it was made out of metal because I break a lot of stuff. I didn't compare this to anything at the time because I didn't have enough money for anything else. I didn't need anything else on it.

I wouldn't depend on it cause it's made out of plastic, but the plastic is very thick (I know because I took it apart the first time I had it trying to fit the batery in, it turned out the batery goes under the foot pedal and the instrutions showed you that, but hey it was my first pedal) I wouldn't need a back up pedal but I would bring bateries just in case.

It isn't that hard to get sound out of this, it comes with diretions that tell you what each nob does wen it's turned so you just have to sit there and take the two minutes it takes to fiddle around to find the sound you want. The manual shoes you everything for turning nobs, input and output and the 1st and 2nd mode. I haven't upgraded my UP100.