UT100 Ultra Tremolo Review

manufacturer: Behringer date: 12/11/2008 category: Guitar Effects
Behringer: UT100 Ultra Tremolo
Get the classic, warm, mind-boggling tremolo effects of vintage '60s amps. There are dedicated rate, wave and depth controls for first-class sound shaping. They've included a status LED for effect on/off and battery check, and you can run your UT100 on a 9 V battery or a DC power supply (not included). For absolutely noise-free operation, a first-class electronic on/off switch is integrated.
 Ease of Use: 9
 7.5
 8.8
 6.1
 4,222
reviews (3) 4 comments vote for this gear:
UT100 Ultra Tremolo Reviewed by: Sacco, on january 26, 2006

Purchased from: Surplus City

Ease of Use: This is a pretty simple pedal the stomp and thats it. Make sure you set it to speed, depth, and wave. There is only 1 "in" and 1 "out." It takes 9v battery and also jack for power suply. I will say unless you know how to use a Tremolo the pedal is a little tricky to use. // 9

Sound: I run it through my JF-1 Exp Peavey guitar-Jimi Dunlop Original Cry Baby-Line 6 Spider II 112. The pedal does fine. (no signs of extra buzz). The effects are fine they do exactly what I want (rate, depth, wave). I use it for Rage Against The Machine & Queens OF The Stone Age. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Yeah I'm pretty sure I can depend on this. Except for the fact that the 9v doesnt want to work on mine (it's ok I bought a powersuply the 9v are too expensive). Yeah I'm fine w/out a back up I don't abuse it so it should be fine. Although it's made of plastic the construction of it is sturdy, unless you jump on it, it shoud be fine. With the metal weight at the bottom and rubber grip this things will hold I'm place too. So no worries about it sliding around. // 8

Overall Impression: This is a good pedal especially for the price $30! To be honest I'm impressed that Behringer has made such a delightful product. // 9

UT100 Ultra Tremolo Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 02, 2007

Purchased from: Feedback

Ease of Use: The Tremolo from Behringer is a nice compact pedal. You can turn at the nobs like you would do on a Boss Tremolo pedal. Turn setting the speed of the wave and how it has to wave. You won't need a manual for this pedal because it is a nice simple compact pedal. I was really amazed of the sound that came from the pedal, I didn't expect such a great sound. // 8

Sound: I have a Marshall 250 DFX and it works fine on it. No noise came from the pedal and you can combine it with other pedals. There is only one thing that won't work, and that is if you press your amp distortion (not from a compact pedal) you almost won't hear your tremolo it will be gone. I bought this tremolo because I am a big fan of Tom Morello. But a Boss pedal was to expensive for a Tremolo pedal, although that's my opnion. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I used it on stage and I use it still. But I suggest if your a big stomp boxer and your playing Live and want to press the pedal hard, please for your own sound safety, don't buy TU100. Because it is plastic stompbox not as Boss or DigiTech with there steel protection. But I press it normal in, so if you are a guy like me this is your pedal! Although I prefer if they come with a new Tremolo they would give them a steel protection too. // 6

Overall Impression: I play Audioslave and RATM and it boost those sounds very good. There is no interruption when I press another pedal. And most important you won't lose your volume of sound when you press it in. If I lose this pedal, I would step on my bike and buy another one because it's a great pedal for 20 euros. I did compare it with the Boss Tremolo pedal and I would go for the TU100 because it is cheaper, same sound and won't lose sound when you press it in. If you love a tremolo pedal but a Boss or DigiTech or whatever is to expensive. This is the pedal you want! But if you're a real Live player and want to make sure that you have ultimate strong pedal in the way of pressing it. TU100 isn't good enough for that. // 8

UT100 Ultra Tremolo Reviewed by: eyebanez333, on december 11, 2008

Purchased from: Local Shop

Ease of Use: The UT100 Tremolo Stompbox from Behringer is a fairly straightforward and simple pedal to use. I bought mine used so it did not come with a manual. Most people should be able to figure this one out. Controls include rate, wave and depth. // 10

Sound: I've used this pedal with a few different amps and guitars. I own a few different Ibanez guitars; with Crate V18 and Peavey Windsor amps. This can replicate the tremolo effect pedals that cost much more. I use this pedal very sparingly, but it does the job very well. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This pedal has been in my pedalboard for a couple years now and has never failed me. Like I said above, I used this effect sparingly in my music, but it has been as reliable as you could ask for out of a $20 pedal. It is made of plastic, but it is still very durable. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock and metal and this pedal works great. I love Sevendust and a few of their songs have tremolo effects, a few of our original songs have similar passages. I've been playing guitar for a few years now, and have owned a few different stompboxes in the past. I would definitely buy another one if something were to happen to this one, especially at this price. // 10

Comments