UW300 Ultra Wah review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 3.3 Poor
Behringer: UW300 Ultra Wah

Price paid: € 18.9

Purchased from: Thomann.de

I use a guitar with humbuckers and a solid state amp. The pedal gives me an ok auto Wah sound. But a very weak yet reasonable manual sens Wah sound. I can't get the sound of any artist with this pedal unfortunately. But it can go fairly close. BUT BE WARNED: the pedal makes a cracky scratchy clipping noise when you stum hard on the guitar or play big chords, its terrible.

It doesn't matter what genre of music you like, this pedal wont suit it, unless you like Behringer music. I don't recommend this pedal. Consider a more expensive pedal, because they're better for your money, they wont break down and they have a nice sound. Some people say: "with Behringer you can't go wrong because they're so cheap it doesn't matter what happens to it". But I think that a 50-100 euro pedal is going to last way longer and sound way better, so don't make the mistake of buying a bad wah.

I can't depend on it. I wouldn't bring it to a gig without 10 backups. The pedal is made of plastic. The cracky clipping noise is going to ruin the show. And it is very cheaply made and is likely to break down on me. Also it's hard to jam a battery in there, the battery gets stuck and you can't really clip it in nicely. OH yes and when I use a power supply the light is dim and nearly dead, you can't see it properly. But with a battery is so bright and sometimes flashes just like that, can be annoying.

rageahol
    I hate this pedal. it sounds like a pile of shit that can squeal, and feels like an empty Coca-Cola bottle with input and output jacks.
    wwwnoobcom
    when i say:" The manual is helpful but not very useful " im talking about the piece of paper with info not the knob that says manual or the manual wah setting.
    XwpisONOMA
    I used to hate people who routinely bash on particular brand just because they think it's cool to do so. But with time you get used to human stupidity, you just have to expose it when you see it. So here it goes: The guys says: Made in China like all other Behringers I know of. Its got a fair auto Wah sound. The manual sens Wah is almost non existent. The manual is helpful but not very useful since the pedal has only 4 knobs (2 for auto and 2 for manual). // 5 YES, IT'S MADE IN CHINA LIKE 90% OF MOST THINGS THESE DAYS! Sound: I use a guitar with humbuckers and a solid state amp. The pedal gives me an ok auto Wah sound. But a very weak yet reasonable manual sens Wah sound. WHAT ON EARTH IS THE "..manual sens Wah sound ..." CAN'T YOU WRITE BASIC ENGLISH? I can't get the sound of any artist with this pedal unfortunately. THAT'S BECAUSE YOU NEED TO SPEND SOME TIME TO LEARN WHAT IT DOES. But it can go fairly close. SO WHAT'S TRUE YOU CAN NOT GET THE SOUND YOU WANT AT ALL OR YOU DO EVEN IT'S NOT 100% WHAT YOU HAD IN MIND. PLUS HAVE YOU THOUGHT YOU MIGHT NOT BE AS A TALENTED PLAYER AS YOUR GUITAR HEROS? BUT BE WARNED: the pedal makes a cracky scratchy clipping noise when you stum hard on the guitar or play big chords, its terrible. // 3 HAVE YOU ADJUSTED THE KNOBS FOR THAT, SOUNDS LIKE THE SENSITIVITY IS TOO HIGH. Reliability & Durability: I can't depend on it. WHY? I wouldn't bring it to a gig without 10 backups. COME ON PERHAPS WITH 20 BACKUPS YOU'D FEEL MORE SECURE? The pedal is made of plastic. IT'S ABS PLASTIC, ALSO USED IN AEROSPACE INDUSTRY, WHAT IS YOUR POINT? The cracky clipping noise is going to ruin the show. ADJUST THE KNOBS PROPERLY! And it is very cheaply made WHAT DID YOU EXPECT FOR 18 EUROS, TITANIUM ALLOY AND HIGH TECH ENGINEERING, IT'S A PEDAL KNOCK-OFF. and is likely to break down on me. YES WHAT IS LIKELY IS THAT YOU ARE AN IDIOT. HOW DO YOU KNOW IT IS GOING TO BREAK DOWN ON YOU. DID YOU TEST IT? Also it's hard to jam a battery in there, the battery gets stuck and you can't really clip it in nicely. ARE YOU STILL USING BATTERIES AT YOUR GIGS? WHY? WHY BOTHER? OH yes and when I use a power supply the light is dim and nearly dead, you can't see it properly. IT IS DIM WHEN IT IS OFF AND BRIGHT WHEN IT IS ON. THIS IS BY DESIGN AND FOR A REASON. But with a battery is so bright and sometimes flashes just like that, can be annoying. // 3 YOU ARE NOT MAKING SENSE AT ALL. ARE YOU USING THE PROPER POWER SUPPLY? IF THE LED IS FLASHING THAT MEANS THE BATTERY HAS GONE LOW.D Overall Impression: It doesn't matter what genre of music you like, this pedal wont suit it, unless you like Behringer music. I DID NOT KNOW BEHRINGER IS AN ARTIST WHO MAKES MUSIC. I don't recommend this pedal. Consider a more expensive pedal, because they're better for your money, they wont break down and they have a nice sound. Some people say: "with Behringer you can't go wrong because they're so cheap it doesn't matter what happens to it". But I think that a 50-100 euro pedal is going to last way longer and sound way better, so don't make the mistake of buying a bad wah. WITH YOU IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW MUCH A PEDAL COSTS IT WILL ALWAYS BE A WASTE OF MONEY!
    rv_phoenix
    Ooops, we got a guy who plays HB guitars on HB amps, using Behringer pedals... This is possibly the crappiest combination of tools one can imagine. I can barely think at the atrocious sound coming out of it. But the review of this particular pedal is true and sincere, and we have to appreciate it. Dear fellow, next time you plan to throw money on the window, let us know. We'll be under your window.
    wwwnoobcom
    I dont play HB amp/guitars, i just happen to have them from a few years back.