UZ400 Ultra Fuzz review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Behringer: UZ400 Ultra Fuzz

Purchased from: Some unpopular music store in Chile

I've used this pedal on both guitar and bass, but with the latter you lose lots of low end, even though the box says it's for both. The effect actually sounds really muddy in most settings, you have to constantly mess with the settings (tone particularly) to get a less muddy tone. Sounds good for alternative rock (I've played some Franz Ferdinand on it).

I actually bought this to play some lead bass stuff, it worked decently for that. It doesn't really match my guitar playing style, which is mostly metal. I love the ease of use, but I never liked the muddiness of the effect - that's the only really bad thing about it. If I lost it, I wouldn't really care as I have a B1X multieffects processor now.

As with pretty much all Behringer pedals, the only thing protecting it is a plastic casing. I would probably rely on it anyway, if I liked the sound.

The pedal is pretty easy to use, just a Tone and Fuzz knob, plus a Level one (which I adjust to about the same level as the raw signal). It just takes a while with the mentioned knobs to get a decent tone.

technoguyx
    ^true dat But this doesn't even seem like a good effect, even considering it's Behringer. :/
    technoguyx
    Now that I think about it, maybe I just find it muddy because fuzz never really works with anything other than single notes and power chords. It works wonderfully with fuzzy single-note riffs like Muse's "Supermassive Black Hole". And it sounds great with an octaver.