V-AMP 3 Virtual Amplification review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Behringer: V-AMP 3 Virtual Amplification

Price paid: € 89

At the end the sound is good, I managed a good sustain for my shred style adding compressor, drive and chorus but metal amps sounds the same and too digital sometimes. FX are good but there are not many, for me 9 reverbs are useless and I would like an harmonizer I.e. The high gain noise can be fixed with a pretty good noise gate. I use cheap guitar into headphones but the sound of the guitar is totally transformed so I dunno if using a pro one would change.

It is good for practicing, but it could have been done better. This is not so a great advance from v-amp 2 to call it 3, the usb interface that comes bundled (that I've not used yet) could have been integrated like other brands do. There is also an included DAW (energyXT 2.5) and an aux in that I use with my mp3 for practicyng that are good. Anyway not bad for the price.

It is cheap plastic, but for me is good cause I play only in my room. To go live with this is not the best, also you would need a foot controller (which is not included). The power supply they give you if damaged is difficult to find cause is not generic but you will have to get the Behringer one.

At the beginning it is not easy, there are many knobs that can confuse.A better screen would be appreciated, but after some training it becomes easy. The manual doesn't says that to fully edit your effects you have to use the editor (V-amp design 3.0) that doesn't work so good for me (let me know if it works for you). I have to mention that v-amp 3 presets are not compatible with v-amp 2 ones and you need a midi-usb cable to edit presets from pc.

Skellyton465
    screw you lot! I have a V-amp 3 and would defend it to the death if some one tried to nick it! >_
    KDC
    yes i like it ,for the price is the best. brands like behringer allow me to do music with a limited budget
    Dennis_SG
    Is this 7 a 7 in comparison to other brands or to behringer's standards? cuz if its to other brands, i cant take this seriously.
    KDC
    for me its good cause i couldnt afford another one (boss i.e.) but i'm a bit disappointed cause is quite he same of v-amp 2.But it does the job...