V-AMP Pro Virtual Amplification review by Behringer

Behringer: V-AMP Pro Virtual Amplification

Purchased from: Musician's Friend.com

I use Ibanez guitars mostly. And there is pretty much no feedback or noise, because it's all digital. And you'd think because of that, there would be massive clipping. But there's none. Seriously. No clipping. Just pure tone. And the effects, are top-notch. It's pretty insane that they could have all this in this amp, and make it sound the way it does. Seriously mind blowingly perfect.

For me, with my death-metal and 80's shredding type stuff, this suits all my styles and abilities perfect. I've been playing for about 6 years, and this doesn't hold me back at all. It takes my playing further with it's amazing sounds. If it was stolen or lost I'd replace it immediately. I would die without it. The best thing about it for me is all the rectifier tones. Behringer seems like a pretty decent company for effects and such, and I'm going to continue buying from them. My only complaint is that it isn't powered. If they could do a powered rack amp exactly like this, my world would be complete.

I'd gig this thing for sure, it's a pre-amp. But I won't have a first show with it until October. But I was practicing with all 400 watts of my PA cranked with this thing plugged in directly to the input, and my guitar plugged into the V-Amp. It held up for all 5 hours without doing anything wrong, so it seems so far pretty trustworthy, and it sounds so damn good!

This pre-amp is absolutely amazing. I honestly have to say, I bought it just to try it out, see how I like the sounds and see which direction I wanted to take my equipment. Like as a starter rack effect, you know? But this thing freaking rules. I play mostly progressive black metal/death metal and this has the BEST tones ever. There are 4 rectifier sounding models, and a bunch of classic amps and clean amps and what not. What's awesome is that I can set presets for pretty much whatever sound I want. I have a Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, Meshuggah, Dream Theater, Joe Satriani, and more. All on presets because of the tweakability and range of amp modeling. JCM800, Plexi's, Marshall, MESA/Boogie, Fender, etc. Amazingly brutal.

SpreadTheSin
    The distortion on this thing sucks ass. Seriously. I got a better distortion tone out of a $20 pedal. But I like making trippy sounds with it. hehehehheheheheeheheheheh.
    crash_boy
    JesusLives: It uses a male-to-male midi cable. Chikao-42: Yes... but you'll need a midi controller for that. SpreadTheSin: Depends on the type of distorsion you're trying to get. For me it works just fine when i want some more powerful tones... But...if you really must have more distors.... go into the drive menu, and turn the gain knob to the right. That's the input sensibility.