VD1 Vintage Distortion review by Behringer

Behringer: VD1 Vintage Distortion

Purchased from: Music Store

The sound is just like MT described it. That being more of a sustain and boost. Although I can pull some heavy Distortion out of it piggyed backed between a Behringer DC9 and a Line 6 FBV Board with 4 banks zeroed in to some light distortion to begin with. It is not real noisy or weak and that is how I though it would be because of the price. The tone I was shooting for with this VD1 was that Vintage Social Distortion sound and it made the cut with flying colors. It handels all the effects that are on board with my Line 6 Spider III 120 2x10.

I got this VD1 to play some Punk and Rockibilly and it is just what the doctor ordered been playing scence 66 nothing but Fender Stratocasters piped through Fenders, Marshalls and Peaveys but now a Line 6 Spider III 120 2x10 with a FBV board. This Behringer VD1 is one well built and great sounding box for the money, that I bought because of the sound and ease of use when I tested it. I would never shell out 70 to 100 bucks or more for an other box of this type because for 24.99 you can't go wrong. If it was stolen I would replace it in a heart beat. The one thing I wish it has would be the imput and output shafts on the side not the front but overall no complaints.

This is a well built unit, that is about the same size as a Big Muff and is very solid. I am sure it can take a lick and keep on ticking. No need for a back up like I said this thing is solid. The only draw back here is like MT said. The plastic shafts. But no problems so far.

Nice Vintage tones that are easy to Zero in.In just a minute of two. Level, tone & sustain with a switch a real no brainer. Got just what I was looking for tone wise real fast. The manual is easy to read and comes in 5 diffrent languages. I think this is one of Beheringers better distortion boxes.

RRW Whitey
    Behringer has come a long way in the past feqw years. Shit I would have never bought one of their boxes 5 or 6 years ago. But the boys at Behringer (at least I thnk) have stepped up to the plate to deliver some quality products. Those being the VD-1 VT-999,VT- 991.The PH-9 and The DC-9.