VP1 Vintage Phaser review by Behringer

Behringer: VP1 Vintage Phaser

Purchased from: ebay

I use it with my Epiphone G-400 and Nevada 15 watt amp, as well as the Behringer HB01 wah, it sounds brilliant. When using the positive feedback function, there is a more pronounced sound than the negative feedback. So, when using the pos (or neg) feedback there are thee main areas on the rate knob which gives good sounds, around 1-3 gives a more subtle effct, which sounds kind of like the main riff to 'Machine gun' from band of gypsies, and is good for rhythm guitar parts. When you turn up the rate to 4-6 you get a more pronounced sound, which is good for melody lines or suchlike. However, the most 'fun' setting is at 9/10 when you get a sound kind of like some of the bits at the beginning of cygnus x-1 by Rush, I like to use this very sci-fi sound with my wah wah pdal and slide to make it sound like a dying alien, incredibly cool.

I play mainly bluesy/jazzy/proggy/metally/heavy rock, it is perfect for me and I think it is very cool. It is definately worth getting as it is quite cheap (25) but makes great sounds (don't get the UP100). I have only been playing since autumn 2006, and as I said before I use an Epiphone G-400, but I still know how great this pedal is. I love it's simplicity and sound quality (no colouration of tone), and the only thing I would change would be the rate knob itself, which I think probably could be more durable, you should definately buy it.

I can certainly depend on the case and the on/off Switch as they are made of metal, but I would be careful with the rate knob as it is plastic, and despite holding up well so far, could be damaged. I also advise getting a power supply to avoid endless battey changes.

This is an incredibly easy pedal to use, there is a rate control and neg/pos feedback switch, how much easier can a phaser get. The manual is good too, as ti just explains what each part does, but since it is so easy, you don't really need it, to be honest.

marcos.batista.
    its so amazing how spoiled and shitty some of these new generation kids can, be, ye ye im not a behringer fan to but after trying the "time machine, tube monster and this phaser" i had to get them right away because they are nice with character and thats a fact not an opinion, so why people are hating even before trying, probably shitty guitar players because a real guitar player with feeling will surrender right away to this phaser, it is amazing, not to talk in the price because i already have one from Boss PH-3 and i payed almost 90 bucks and i still prefer the sound of the vintage phaser, behringer sometimes just make a HIT
    frusciante_50
    NiCk_FuRy wrote: you better, this pedal really sucks!! stay away from behringer!
    You sir are an idiot. If you are unsure, demo the things. You will find that they cop loads of uneccessary shit.
    BPF55555
    this pedal is simply better than the small stone, which is a rip off. As for you mindless sheep who say buy the real thing, keep wasting your money. You are fools who have an inferiority complex. Sad.
    Waspfactor
    Yeah I got one of these.its a great pedal.classic phaser sounds like rem everybody hurts.Lucy in the sky etc.suddenly you realise thats how they got their sound.well built,true bypass 17 GBP.no brainer.get one
    Tibbles
    I picked one of these up for 16 from Thomann and expected it to be dire! It's actually not bad! I wouldn't buy another phaser that's for sure. Here's a vid I did of it;
    NiCk_FuRy
    you better, this pedal really sucks!! stay away from behringer!
    PeteTLT
    You better waste your money on a piece of shit? The small stone sucks. I mean, I don't like Behringer guitar effects that much either but this one is a Gem. Its one of the only ones with a metal construction and it makes little to no noise while its one, something the small stone doesn't do. I used to have a full EHX pedal board but about half of the pedals were noisy as a broken TV, not even the EHX Humdebugger could fix it.
    Supro31
    Honestly, I like this pedal a lot. I a/b'ed it with a small stone in-store yesterday, and for about half the price, it's a pretty decent copy. True bypass for $30? Not bad. It does seem pretty flimsy, though.
    KVincent
    what a shameless copy of the EHX small stone, i'd buy the real thing.