X V-AMP review by Behringer

Behringer: X V-AMP

Purchased from: Imperial Guitar NY

I am using it with a Line 6 Spider II 112 and a S102 Strat copy. Let me tell you this is the greatest multi-effects pedal I've used in terms of true sound. The tone is great. The amp models sound like the real thing. You can get almost any type of sound possible in a multi-effects pedal. Certain effects and models can get somewhat fuzzy in the background, which is kind of a hassel, but the included noise gate does a good job of fixing it.

I play blues, rock, metal, and others, and it suits all of my playing styles. The amp models are very real sounding, which is my favorite feature. It doesn't sound virtual at all. The effects are also very good. I recommend the X V-AMP to anyone needing to broaden their sound and effects a little. Also, you can't go wrong with the price. Try it out in a local music shop.

It's made of aluminum. I've dropped a weight on it, and dropped it on blacktop, and it hasn't been dented though. The pedals seem kind of awkward though, but not too bad.

Takes a bit of reading in the manual before getting used to it. Most likely if this is not your first multi-pedal, you'll be fine. The presets suck. You can't download presets unlike V-Amp 2. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes very easy though.