X V-AMP review by Behringer

Behringer: X V-AMP

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

I use an Epiphone SG with Gibson '57 Reissue humbuckers with 11 Gauge Earnie Ball Power Slinky string, run to a Marshall my 15 cd. (I'm getinn a 50 DFX soon). It's not noisy on any setting, although when you turn the gain on really hight on one setting then go to the crazy distortion and your close to your amp and not playing then you will get massive uncontrolled feeback. The npise gate is superb, this pedal is sweet.

I play metal, punk, and heavy rock, and some acoustic music. This thingamabob serves up nice clean tones, and fiddle the switches a bit and you got crazier distortion than metallica uses. I've been playin for a bit over 2 years now, and if this this puppy was stolen, I'd first try to get it and beat the theif with a fukin lead pipe and beat the sh--t outta him, then mash his face in, and break his fingers so he won; to try to steal it again. But! If I was unseccesful at my previous plan, then once I get the mollah, then I'd definatly buy it again. I choose this pedal because of some reviews off the UG forums, and the price really drew me to it. The only thing I wished it had, was for the top and the pedals to be made oput of metal.

I can definatly depend on it. It's got an aluminum bottom and very sticky rubber feet, so its not going anywhere whilke on the ground.

This thing has a killer sound, makes my amp like 3 times as liud as it originally was. But without reading the manual your pretty much lost. The manual is very well planned out, nice clear and labeled images. Took me only about 2 mins. to learn this pedal in general.