X V-AMP review by Behringer

Behringer: X V-AMP

Purchased from: Planet Of Sound Uk

It gives a good variety though some don't show at first use. It enjoy the sound of "brit gain" and "recto gain" thought "classic clean" has the glistening effect. I run mine through a 10 watt practice amp Kustom KA10 I'm unsure whether when it sounds unclear that I am pushing the amp too far or it is the pedal that's bad. Most the effects are good and the amps are also quite strong sounding though sometimes you don't hear the difference. I like the Wah of this pedal as well. There is also a good dual effect on one of the pedals though I can't suss where it came from.

I use it for classic rock or metal and it fits the purpose. I have used it to play the Velvet Revolver's "Fall To Pieces" solo and it sounds brilliant. It does suit most genres. I have played for about a year and I run a Westfield E4000 through it (Les Paul copy) and it does fit what I want it for. I have been told though that the plastic pedal may need to be reinforce with metal as so it doesn't break during a gig. I have no regrets in buying this item. I love the rock crunch you get out of this beast. I dislike how sometimes you can't find the sound you want. I bought this one as I got a good deal on it and I was told that it was good for what I wanted it for and they were right. I wish it had a bit more power and possibly a bit more simplicity in the function department.

It is definetaly dependable though when you press the buttons to change effects it sometimes skips some when you skip too fast. It would be safe to use on a gig though there may be that feeling something might go wrong.

It is fairly easy to use, though the manual is needed alot. Once you crack the features it is simple to edit sound. It is also easy to crack open without the manual. The manual is helpful though it contained damn near twenty different languages and that the manual with out english included in it. It is good for a beginner especially if you want to learn about pedal and how to use them.