X V-AMP review by Behringer

Behringer: X V-AMP

Purchased from: Thomann

I play an Ibanez SA either thru a Marshall MG 15 for practice with all the ampmodels on or I just use it for gigs thru the FX loop of my Peavey Bandit 112 as a Noise Gate or FX pedal. Chorus, reverb, delay, phasers, tremolo is really good, the auto wah and the wah pedal are rather bad, I can't even use it just as a wah pedal with distrotion because it totally ruins the sound. The Amp models are good for clean, crunch, blues, hardrock, but when it comes to metal, they fail because the high gain amp models provide a blurry sound. The noise gate is ok if you work with it, the compressor is pretty nice.

For anything clean low gain, this pedal works quite good, for metal it is not that good, I'v been playing guitar for 10 years something now and electric for 3. If it was stolen, I would buy a distortion pedal, a Noise Gate and a Crybaby and maybe a Chorus, that's all I need. But considering the really low price, this is especially good for beginners with crappy practice amps.

It seems very solid, I have been using it for about a year now and I have played with it on gigs without backup and it was reliable, no problems there, five credits.

You should be able to handle it well after about two weeks, the manual provides good help in most cases. Of course, like on many multi effects you have to push two buttons and turn a knob to get some features going, but still not bad. A bad thing is that all the secondary ampmodels are written on it in grey, so it's hard to decipher them in bad lighting conditions.