X V-AMP review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 6.5 Neat
Behringer: X V-AMP

Purchased from: Matchetts Music

I have only played two cheap guitar models through this, an Encore and a Stagg. I play it through a 45 Watt Marshall, or a PA system when at band practise. I play mainly heay metal, such as Iron Maiden, and rock, such as AC/DC or Guns. The amp simulations are quite good. I mainly use the Brit hi gain, based on a Marshall JCM 800, and Recto hi-gain, based on a 1994 Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier. Although I use mainly these two there are around 12 or 13 other amp/speaker simulations. The only thing I dont like about the amp/speaker simulations, is you can't change the treble, mid and bass settings through the pedal, or at least I havent found a wa to do so. The method of setting the delay timing is arkward at first, and make take some time getting use to if this is your frst time playing with delay. There are four different delay and reverb simulations. The other effects arent bad and are easy enough to apply, although the auto wah isn't the best.

This pedal is good for beginners that would like to get more informed and knowlegable abour Pedals an effects. It can be good for matching blues and rock. The heavier gain is a bit fuzzy but still pretty good.

Although I have not used this in any of my live settings, I know others that have. However if you are playing lead and are going to be in "the spotlight" you may wanna pay extra and try find a more realiable source. For a band just beggining to gig it may do.

At first it can be rather difficult to get to grips with if you don't use the instruction manual. With the manual things are pretty easy. The manual uses basic English, and it is very easy to understand. The instructions also come in over three other languages. My only advice is read the manual before you get started. It is easy to change the patches after reading; recalling and reseting the patches is also fairly simple. Setting the effects is easy, and getting the second function is the same as with many Multi Effects Simulators. If your one of these people that trys to work things out without the manual, it will take some time to get use too, but other than that its not hard to use.