X V-AMP review by Behringer

Behringer: X V-AMP

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I'm using a Behringer GM108, Ibanez RG370, Ibanez GRX-20, and a Behringer HB01 Wah. This has a built in noise gate, so no, it is not noisy. The effects on this sound excellent, I can get a wide variety of sounds, I play Blink 182, Rage Against The Machine, Mudvayne, Disturbed, Chevelle, Metallica, Linkin Park, Blue Oyster Cult, Jimi Hendrix, Ozzy Osbourne, The Offspring, Deftones, Rammstein, AC/DC. I like most of the effects on this, but the Wah is weak.

I play a wide variety of Rock, Metal, and I dabble with Blues, it would suit all of these, and more, if it would be more reliable! I've been playing for a year and 3 months, I own a Behringer GM108, Behringer HB01 Hell Babe Wah, Ibanez RG370, and Ibanez GRX-20. I wish I had taken the durability into consideration, it's made out of plastic, but that hasn't cracked, it's more of the electronics of it that worry me. If it was stolen, I wouldn't bother. I love the sound, I hate that it isn't realiable, I like all the different modulations and other effects I could experiment with. I compared this to the DigiTech RP's, but I heard that the expression pedal stopped working, so I went with this, but the expression pedal on this stopped working! I just wish it was reliable! Luckily, I bought the Gold Coverage for this, so I'll see what mf can do for me, then I'll let friends use this when I jam with them.

This is by far the worst part of the product, it is not dependable, Behringer has been good to me, but they really let me down with this. Some of the problems I've had are that the expression pedal stopped working, the banks have a lag between them, and the banks would reset while I was playing.

This is very easy to use, I was messing with it before I read the manual, then I skimmed through it and messed with it some more and got even better sound out of it.