X V-AMP review by Behringer

Behringer: X V-AMP

Purchased from: Oberwarter Musikerhaus

The sound is great, but in combination with my Behringer GM 108 it has quite offensive peaks (treble). It's only my subjective opinion, but I turned down the EQ on the amplifier and the sound was still a bit peaky. But the overall sound you can get from it is more than satisfiable.

So to sum it up, it was the best choice for me and I'm fully satisfied with it. But there's one thing missing-the on/off switch. you need to plug in the electric plug everytime you want to turn it on/off. I play mainly rock music, so it's a pleasure to use the amount of sounds you can get out of it. To me, as a middle experienced musician it's a perfect match. I love the sound and playability, but I must admit that the expression pedal is weak, so instead of using wah I prefer auto-wah.

I must admit I had some problems with it. When playing with effects such as pitch bend, the sound got distorted the bitch bend style after some minutes so the sound was awful. When not using pitch-bend I can rely on it. I'm a bit worried about the expression pedal, because when switchin' on the wah, you have to press the pedal strongly enough to activate the switch under it. It happened to me often, that I needed to switch the effect to wah, but I didn't press the pedal strongly enough, or I wanted to switch it off and nothing had happened. But you'll get used to it after a while so it's OK.

It's really easy to use it, altough some features like Configuration (FX, phones) or Presence doesn't seem to have any effect on the overall sound. The manual is OK, you'll learn it quickly.