X V-AMP review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Behringer: X V-AMP

Purchased from: Abbey Music

I have a "Shine Sharkfin Flyin V" through this then An Axl "Power 10" practice amp. The main reason I bought it is beacuse the distortion on my amp sucked. But if you turn the distortion up on this past about 3/4's on the heavier settings then it really starts to buzz and squeak and stuff. It has a noisegate to stop this, but that ruins the sound and makes the sustain rubbish. As for the distortion, not great but ok. However, I do like the chorus, reverbs, delays and flanger effects a lot. Also, the wah waaaah on it is rubbish and is very bland.

I've been playing about 2 years; playing metal with splatters of punk and rock (Metallica, Trivium, Sum 41, Slayer) and in all fairness it can cope with punk but not metal, the leads are tight enough and the distortion sucks. If it were stoled I would probly claim insurnace and buy a new amp, or anything apart from this again. I like the chorus. I paid 80 for a chorus pedal.

I've had this pedal for about 6 months and already the little pedals are starting to come loose on it. As well as this, the adapter it came with broke about a month ago so I had to fork out a tenner to by a new one. Worst of all the big pedal that is supposed to control the "thickness" of effects doest actually work. I've read the manual many millions of times but no matter how much you move it nothing happens. As well as this. My effects have a nasty habbit of deciding they dont want distortion anymore and for some reason halfway through playing it will go clean. Seriously annoying. As for using it without a backup, I simply wouldny take it to gigs. I've had it at band practicess and its barely survives that.

It's pretty easy to get the basics out the pedal but if you want something more then it's quite difficult beacause I still don't even understand some of the things about it.

Justice_Fish
    I had one and I hated it, Distortion was more background, and never use it on a gig, it will break. I bought a Korg AX10G, this is the best!!
    tim_mop
    i had one, and also hated it, it broke within 2 months! it just lost all the built in set ups and the pedal went spaz! horrible pedal