X V-AMP review by Behringer

Behringer: X V-AMP

Purchased from: Melbourne Music

It's quiet hard to tell if the quality of the effects are good or bad considering my amp and guitar are quiet bad at the moment. I found the noise gate to be quiet random. It had a tendency to buzz randomly when it was t top notch. it may have been a fault in my own product. The distortions on it are pretty good. I can't exactly get the sound I want but the sound I get is pretty decent. The tremolo seemed a bit hard to control but apart from that most effects seemed to be pretty good.

I play punk/pop/rock/metal/alternative type music and this pedal aqquires me with most of the effects I need to make a decent sound. If it was lost or stolen I rekon I's be back at square one and be deciding whether to go for something else. The main factor that attracted me to this pedal was the price of it. It was so cheap compared to all the other pedal I looked at and matched the same quality of it. I really don't like the lack of control with the expression pedal. Sometimes you have to stomp it to get it to work other times you only have to tap it. I really love teh distortion it produces. I've been using the same distortion setting for months because I love the sound it makes.

I wouldn't depend on it and would defiently take a back up to a gig. The expression pedal seems a bit dodgy and I defiently would not rely on it for a gig. The effect selectors seem very plasticky. It doesn't seem very robust but I'm sure if you looked after it like I have there would be no problems. The blue metallic type encasing is very solid and I rekon any one would have trouble breaking if they were using it for the purpose it was created for.

The X V-AMP would have to be one of the most easiest effects units I have ever used. I didn't even need a manual to figure out how it worked. just 2 knobs one controlling gain/volume an the other controlling the amp model/effects. The only thing I had trouble using was the chromatic tuner installed in it. Apart from that it's really easy to use just plug it in and away you go. The limited amount of buttons on the unit makes it very easy to control.