X V-AMP review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Behringer: X V-AMP

Purchased from: www.MusiciansFriend.com

I am using a Crate Power Block with my B\.C\. Rich Bronze Series Warlock. It isn't real noisy. Some of the effects are weak but that is because the presets don't have them high enough. I play a lot of metal and I Switch between using the nu-metal and the brit-hi-gain when selecting an amp mod. Distortion, Great. Wah, it's okay. Flange, good on certain settings. Chorus, crap on most settings. Bitch bend, only a few settings are great.

I mainly play metal but I am a veritile guitarist. This is a good starter processor for versitile guitarists. I have been playing for 3 1/2 years and I also own a Behringer Distortion Modular (don't get) and a DigiTech Death Metal Distortion Pedal (get if you are playing only very small gigs. Class room size). If it were stolen I wouldn't get this again, but I would get another effects processor. My favortie feature is the pitch bend. I love how it is so versitile, but hate that it is such a hassle.

It doesn't look that durable. It's light and doesn't look like it is gig ready. As a back up maybe it will work but it is too difficult to Switch your sounds. I haven't had any problems yet other than sometimes the effecs go out, but then I un-plug and plug it back in. Not that bad when practicing but live, you're kinda screwed if that happens.

It is fairly easy to use. Some of the effects I was using on my computer was on this pedal already so I already had my sound down. The manual came with 11 diffrent languages. Which is funny to me because I had never heard of some of them. You can edit the presets if need be. If I like lets say number 89 and I want to add reverb and delay all I do is hold down reverb and turn it up and then hold down delay and then turn it up. The only problem is the hassle of changing your sound.

Weybl Himself
    If you want a multiFX in this style, skip behringer and go for a Line6 Floor POD or a Zoom 606. Bit more expensive but light years ahead.