X V-AMP review by Behringer

Behringer: X V-AMP

My setup is pretty simple, I use an Ibanez RG170 and a Laney LG35R plus the X V-AMP. The sound I get from the X V-AMP is great, the distortion effects are briliant and the modulation effects are strong and sound great. the wah effects are the worst part of the X V-AMP, they are weak and sound terible. I have been able to get some great sounds out of the X V-AMP, from melow clean/chorus sounds to heavy rock/metal distortion sounds. This unit does it all realy, except if you want a good wah sound, if you do I recomend buying a proper wah pedal.

I play all sorts of music, but mostly rock or punk and a bit of metal, the X V-AMP will do it all. I have been playing for well over 2 years and I have nad the X V-AMP for about a year and it's the only pedal I use, I have an old Boss distortion pedal but I don't use it because the X V-AMP has great distortion effects. If it were stolen I would want to get it again but I wouldn't be able to afford it. I love this distortion and modulation effects but hate the wah effects. I wish it had some more buttons/knobs for easier use but overall it's a good product.

I haven't had the chance to use the X V-AMP at a gig but I would use it without a backup it is a reliable little unit. The X V-AMP seems to be durable but the up and down pedals seem flimsy and I only step on the softly because I fear I might break them, other than this it seems to be a durable unit.

With a bit of practice the X V-AMP is realitivly easy to use but you have to do things like: hold down 2 buttons and turn a knob to adjust an effect parameter. I found this a bit annoying to start off with but as I spent more time with it it got easier. The manual for the X V-AMP is full of information about the amp models and effects and how to use it, overal it is realitivly easy to use but more buttons would make it better.