X V-AMP review by Behringer

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
Behringer: X V-AMP

Purchased from: Music Go Round

The sound it produced was good, nothing special though. Basically what you would expect of a board in that price range. The sound did have a little too much treble for my taste though. It was good though. It had good distortion, reverb, and an array of amp simulators. It was a quite unit though, which was nice. There was no humming coming from the unit and no static from the connections.

I bought this unit a year ago and sold it back to the shop about two months ago for $35.00. I was not very impressed and not very satisfied with this unit. It would be good for a beginner wanting to get some cool sounds out of their guitar but not a great gig unit. It was cool when I first got it (like anything is) but it slow started to disappoint me more and more. I will not buy one again, and will not buy anything from Behringer again. You get what you pay for, and that is a lesson I have learned way too much.

It was reliable most of the time. There was a couple of times that the units booted up funky and you had to let it sit for a while to let it get its crap together. I would never gig with it, maybe if all my Boss pedals went to crap and I may use it, but it is a horrible unit to use for a Live show. It is made of very light and cheap plastic, so one misplaced stomp from your foot would probably put this unit out of it's misery. Not very durable and somewhat reliable.

It was a very weird unit to use. The unit came pre-programed will 99 effects and you could make customized effects. It had a very cheap feel to it (make in China) and to scroll though all the effects took forever. There wasn't a fast-forward on the unit to scroll through the different programs quickly, so it would stick on each program for a second and then move on to the next. To make it easier to understand, if you were and program 5 and you have to go to program 58, you were sol. You would have to sit there with you foot on the pedal for 20 second to get there. And the wah/volume pedal on the unit is completely useless. Not very well though out by Behringer.

!xobile
    i used to have one of these, it was such a piece of crap. it sounds terrible and all the effects sounds really fake and cheesy. i've never really seen or heard any good behringer products.
    lololololol
    I got ripped into buying one of these by an ***** GC worker.. this piece of shit breaks all the time and the effects suck.. dont buy it.
    led iv
    I think this pedal is brilliant a great combo of all the good distortions... I only have one problem i cant get Slash's sound from sweet child o mine intro.... it would be great if someone could post that. Thanks
    The^Unforgiven
    You need to use a neck humbucker for that. Also, roll the tone of that humbucker all the way down to zero. Put on a hard overdrive or a light distrotion, boost the middle a bit while cutting the treble a bit. I think that about does it.
    kellanj
    does anyone who has this know how to get like a jack white sound. or a sound like bellamy gets on the stockholm syndrome intro?
    Elusive
    I still have this MFX unit. Its not all that bad but it depends on how long you have been playing guitar. Did you just start out and want more than the options on your amp but dont want to spend alot of money on a MFX unit? Then buy one, I still use it just for kicks and actualy alot of times as my main distortion unit, but I dont play live... Just in my room or at friends. Been playing for a year or more? Dont be a cheap ass and buy something bigger, RP250 doesnt cost to much and it is ok... or a GNX4 haha Floor POD X3... There are so many options, still want to be cheap? A Pocket POD is pretty rad and I think Guitar Center Has them for under $100 still