X V-AMP review by Behringer

Behringer: X V-AMP

Purchased from: allegro.pl

I use It mainly on headphones and sometimes with my Crate Flexwave 15R amp. Instrument is cheap Ibanez Stratocaster (GRX-40). Effect sounds good, I need to use built-in noise gate very often but because my guitar is noisy. Behringer claims that they copied legendary amps and effects but I can't afford real ones to check. Everything sounds very realistic (no digital artifacts, no delay). You can link any set of efects noise gate+compr+modulation+delay+reverb+amp. Some effects have 3 editable parameters. Any preset can have different equalizer settings. I really like different overdrive/distortions provided as amp models. It is possible get a little overdrive, hard rock sound, pure gain or metal sound. V-Amp provides plenty of soundings and It sounds good. It is possible to operate with headphones due to built in speaker simulations. Effect has two outputs Stereo and Mono (20db silenter).

All my rates are due to price so do not be surprised with 8-9-10. I play mainly rock/punk rock sounds but I plan learning new styles. I've used Digital Delay before and combo built-in Overdrive so I cannot say I am effect guru but this stuff suits my needs). For not much money I have many effects with many variations and I have good quality sound on headphones. I love amps simulation and hate that I can hear cycling through presets. I would buy another one I would consider non floor version because I operate It by hands anyway but this one is also good enough for me.

This is not pro stuff. It costs less than cheap guitar amp and provides all except real speaker so it is possible to play gig with (most concert halls provide own columns anyway). But who would say "Sorry for this weird noise I'm cycling through presets..." to his fans? Pedal are from plastic but they seem to be solid. Pedals are comfortable.

This is quick start stuff. You just plug guitar and amp or phones and you can access to one of ready made presets. But modifying is not so easy. If found it hard to operate effect with one hand, it is important while holding guitar. To access some options I have to hold two buttons and turn the knob. But this is not pro effect... Equalizer is simplified to master, down (bass) and up (presence) so there is no additional middle setting. I didn't receive manual in BOX but It was trivial to find on producer web site. Instructions provide description of all options. Built-in presets are totally mixed and every user need to rearrange them or create own. There is no delete preset function. I need about 20 from available and there is no possiblity to fast jump from one preset to another.

21 idiot enemy
    i was looking for an effects pedal and this real
    IceB69 wrote: does it have distortion?
    durrrrr u massive OGC
    jimmyjimbo72
    So, a year and a half after my review, I just wanted to say that this unit is still going strong. The wah-wah is pretty weak but I've achieved some AMAZING tones with it. Definitely not replacing this until absolutely necessary. All the people hating on Behringer can't even be bothered to justify themselves, and those who do are making no sense. Sure, they aren't the best, that's because they're a budget - mid-range brand!
    rv_phoenix
    Nobody hates Behringer. It just doesn't worth waisting feelings on useless devices, which are conceived and made exclusively to fool those who don't know anything about playing. We don't hate them, we just don't buy them. You only need to save the same ammount of money for one more month and you instantly play in another league, having access to Marshall, Boss or Electro-Harmonix pedals. Only two weeks ago I've bought a superb new HardWire chorus in Cambridge for only 69 GBP. And it sounds like heaven.