Cruncher Review

manufacturer: Bespeco date: 08/25/2008 category: Guitar Effects

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Bespeco: Cruncher
This little pedal is just a beautiful object but a little bit annoying.It's on black and red color, with a tire-decorated pedal. This is basically a distortion, Who's depth is controlled by the movements of the footswich. It also has a volume function and you can set a 9V battery into it.
 Ease of Use: 6
 2.3
 4.5
review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Cruncher Reviewed by: Roy McCartney, on august 25, 2008

Ease of Use: This little pedal is just a beautiful object but a little bit annoying. It's on black and red color, with a tire-decorated pedal. This is basically a distortion, who's depth is controlled by the movements of the footswich. It also has a volume function and you can set a 9V battery into it. // 6

Sound: The problem is that the dist. sounds great, but it makes a lot of noise when I try to get a clean sound, also, the "clean" sound has a very very low volume, and when you increase it, the sounds gets distorted again. It does the same thing on amps and consoles, I tried it with an Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 and a Washburn but the noise is still there! // 5

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't use this pedal on a gig, because I can't get the sound I want and can't turn the distortion into clean. I'd rather change it on the amp. I don't think it is a useful gear for a concert or a gig, so I don't wanna try it on stage. The plastic appears to be hard, so it could last at least 100 years using it everyday. // 6

Overall Impression: It doesn't work for the music I want. I love blues and classic rock, and sometimes I have to take the dist. away, but at the moment I do that, the horrible noise appears, so it doesn't fit at all. But not everything are bad news. It has a pretty shape, so it's a beautiful piece of decoration. I think I'll buy it (if someone is interested in stealing it from me, you would be doing me a favor). Well, I don't know if my pedal is the only one of this model with that problem, but if I had another opportunity, I wouldn't buy it. // 1

Comments