FL-8 Flanger review by Biyang

Biyang: FL-8 Flanger

Purchased from: ebay

I use this effect with a number of different Ibanez guitars and my Peavey Windsor. The flange effects are very versatile on this pedal. I used to use a Behringer Flanger, and this one has many more sound options. 'Jet plane' and 'whoosh' sounds are very easily obtained and if you crank the res knob you get a siren effect. With the res knob all the way up, if you increase the rate knob you can get some spacey effects. Sounds good clean or distorted.

I play mainly rock and metal and this pedal works great for the times when I need a flange effect. I've been playing for a few years and I own/haved owned many effects in the past. If this were lost or stolen I would definitely buy another one. I've played many flangers in the past and this one has as many sound options as the flangers that are 3x this amount. Great pedal for the price. I was kind of worried at first about buying a brand that nobody has really heard of, but this pedal is a great buy!

I've only had this pedal for a couple of months so I can't really say much about this area yet. I can say that the pedal is built very rugged. The case is made of metal and the pots/knobs of the pedal seem very strong. The Switch is noiseless and the purple LED is very bright. I would definitely gig with this without a backup.

It is really easy to get a good sound out of this pedal. It's fairly straightforward and easy to use. Mine didn't come with a manual but you should be able to figure this one out even if it is your first flanger. Controls on this effect include rate, depth, manual, and resonance. This model claims to be true bypass, but I haven't looked inside the chassis yet.

~Shred Hero~
    $50 and true bypass? Sounds like a good deal to me. Flanger isnt something I need though. =/
    eyebanez333
    yeah i didn't think it was a bad deal...i love how it sounds too. I still haven't taken it apart to see if its really true bypass...says so on the front of it but who knows.
    drankthewine
    i just did a review on the biyang phaser, but it hasn't posted. my understanding is for a "true bypass," you can unplug the battery and power and the signal will still pass through. doesn't work with these. doesn't matter as long as you have it plugged in. i love my phaser. has anybody checked out the analog delay?
    andywragg
    I have this Flanger, It cost 42 from an Ebayer here in the UK. Its my first flanger - only been playing 2 years but it does what it says on the tin, and is pretty quiet in the loop when disengaged. I also have the Metal End King and its awesome.