FL-8 Flanger Review

manufacturer: Biyang date: 01/21/2009 category: Guitar Effects
Biyang: FL-8 Flanger
It's fairly straightforward and easy to use. Controls on this effect include rate, depth, manual, and resonance.
 Ease of Use: 10
 9.7
 9.3
 1,723
review (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
FL-8 Flanger Reviewed by: eyebanez333, on january 21, 2009

Purchased from: ebay

Ease of Use: It is really easy to get a good sound out of this pedal. It's fairly straightforward and easy to use. Mine didn't come with a manual but you should be able to figure this one out even if it is your first flanger. Controls on this effect include rate, depth, manual, and resonance. This model claims to be true bypass, but I haven't looked inside the chassis yet. // 10

Sound: I use this effect with a number of different Ibanez guitars and my Peavey Windsor. The flange effects are very versatile on this pedal. I used to use a Behringer Flanger, and this one has many more sound options. 'Jet plane' and 'whoosh' sounds are very easily obtained and if you crank the res knob you get a siren effect. With the res knob all the way up, if you increase the rate knob you can get some spacey effects. Sounds good clean or distorted. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've only had this pedal for a couple of months so I can't really say much about this area yet. I can say that the pedal is built very rugged. The case is made of metal and the pots/knobs of the pedal seem very strong. The Switch is noiseless and the purple LED is very bright. I would definitely gig with this without a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mainly rock and metal and this pedal works great for the times when I need a flange effect. I've been playing for a few years and I own/haved owned many effects in the past. If this were lost or stolen I would definitely buy another one. I've played many flangers in the past and this one has as many sound options as the flangers that are 3x this amount. Great pedal for the price. I was kind of worried at first about buying a brand that nobody has really heard of, but this pedal is a great buy! // 10

Comments