HT-DIST review by Blackstar

Blackstar: HT-DIST

Purchased from: Ebay

I using a Gibson LP studio and an Ibanez RG42A thru the pedal into the front of the amp and its as quiet as anything, crank the gain and level and you start to get a bit of hum but nothing to intrusive or not as intrusive as I had been led to believe, gives great Black album and White Zombie sounds and the distortion is controlable - at least for a begineer.

Great match for what I attempt to play :D, sounds great and gives me the 2 channel ability that the tweaker lacks - no need for the hot channel switching on the amp :D, smooth cleans to Dirty at the push of a button. Its a bit large compared to other pedal specially the EHX nano's I have next to it and its weighty other than that I would not hesitate to replace it even at the full retail price.

Its built like a tank so can only assume its reliable and as I bought it used and there aint a mark on it. Everything is smooth and works perfectly, would reccomemd this for anyone with a single channel amp, can't say if its any good gigging as I don't gig but can say you could use it with any worries and no back up and any stuck up nails or stuff you could knock em in with it and carry on the gig.

I was looking for a cheap way to get the great valve distortion sound my Tweaker hs plus a bit without having to keep switching from hot to clean. I had been told about these pedals and that they were good for valve Distortion, I looked at the DIST and DISTX and decided on DIST and it gives me all the sounds I need plus a few - its has more the classic rock/metal sounds without the bite of the DISTX - perfect for meHas to be left warming up as per a valve amp before use, so I leave it around 10-15 mins to warm up with the amp.