HT-DISTX review by Blackstar

Blackstar: HT-DISTX

Price paid: € 130

Purchased from: Local Store

I used this with an Ibanez Gio(seymour Duncan pickups) and a Cort KX-5 (standard) and Ibanez S7420(standard) going through a Marshall stack, and I used the emulated output and tried it DI to laptop. The only downfall to this amp is its almost got too much gain, I cant go past 4(10,11 o clock) on the dial or it feedbacks like hell and I'm using an Boss NS-2. Well it is called "Pure Valve Filth". I wouldn't even turn this on without a noise suppressor, but as long as you got one you've got the heaviest tones I ever heard from a pedal.

I play hardcore/metal/and a bit of everything really. I've been playing about 15 years and I've gone through pretty much every Boss Distortion pedal out there and this pedal destroys them all. This pedal has definetly made me want to explore more of the Blackstar brand. Digital pedals could only go so far in terms of tone, This ECC83 valve Takes it to the next step. The only thing that annoys me is the adapter, Because it has a valve it needs a higher Voltage adapter than Boss so I need a different adapter going into my chain, also the adapter I got was only a 2 pin. Which doesn't really bother me considering im getting the most face melting tones ever.

Its built like a tank, pretty heavy too. It uses a ECC83 valve so it sounds amazing, but also like anything with valves they can break, rarely but it does happen. I'd be happy enough to gig with this alone. Maybe after a while invest in replacement valves and keep them handy.

Beautiful Sounds right from the start, its basically taking the Distortion channel from the HT-5, You got your usual ISF (Infinite Shape Feature) Which goes between what they call "british sound" and "american Sound" it basically just scoops the mid around. But with everything just out of the box and at 12 o'clock it sounded beastial.