HT-Metal review by Blackstar

Blackstar: HT-Metal

Purchased from: Local Craigslist

I'm playing this pedal through a 5150iii 50 watt amp or a Peavey Valveking 100 watt head. Sounds great on the clean channel with gain cranked on pedal or as a booster almost on overdrive channel of amp. The ISF knob lets you go from a '70s British rock tone to a High gain screaming metal tone. The tone knob can really sculpt or shape your sound by adding some low end to a nice presence like tone. If your a fan of any other Blackstar gear like their amps defiantly give this pedal a ponder. Check out all tone settings in the video below!

YouTube preview picture

Love this pedal for rock/metal. I play with it used as a boost on the overdrive channel of my amp and sometimes on the clean channel of my amp.You can get a huge variety of distortion tones with this pedal.I'm a huge fan of their amps so I bought this pedal and am very pleased with the tones. I have used and still use many distortion pedals and I think this one is my favorite as of now. I'm a huge fan of the OCD and always will be but this is a great and fun pedal.

This pedal has a sweet look to it. Mine is the LT version I don't know why they didn't have that version for review. I would and plan to defiantly gig with this pedal. Very easy to get a great sound with quick and on the spot. I have the black one but I have seen different colors which is cool. I have only used this pedal out of a couple amps but I think it would go good with just about any amp, especially on the clean channel with lots of gain from pedal.

I'm using this mainly for metal and rock but can see myself using this for all kinds of situations. For the price of this pedal I would highly recommend checking it out. I also use a OCD Fulltone and Ibanez Tubescreamer, but this guy hangs with them for sure at half the price! Great addition to your pedalboard. One kinda odd thing about this pedal is when you click it on or stomp it on the button doesn't actually "click," lol maybe its just mine or I'm just weird but whatever it doesn't affect the sound.