AC-2 Acoustic Simulator review by Boss

Boss: AC-2 Acoustic Simulator

Purchased from: sam ash

I use this pedal with a Line 6 Spider II 15 watt amp and a brownville guitar and it's very easy to achieve a full bodied acoustic sound out of this one. It is also possible to get a hollow-sounding sound, such like those found in semi acoustic-electric guitars. It does not get noisy, but this is mainly because it is an acoustic simulator and these pedals do not require high gain. The effects all sound superb! There are four options, standard, jumbo, enhance, and piezo. All these have unique characteristics, ranging from standard(a common acoustic, homely) to enhance and jumbo (above common acoustic). I can play some good jet songs on here, plus in combo with a distortion pedal I can play some good Breaking Benjamin breakdowns. haha disregard the pun. Anyway this pedal is fully capable of capturing most acoustic stuff.

My overall impression is that for $69 you can't go wrong. This pedal allows me to play 3 Doors Down, Goo Goo Dolls, Breaking Benjamin, jet, allman brothers, among others. it's just a good pedal, it even sounds nice with the sond everything changes by Staind. The pedal works. I would buy it again if it were stolen, and the only thing I hate is that this pedal does not have the extra reverb button that the AC-3 Boss pedal has. Although it works just fine with the built in reverb on my amp.

Oh man this thing can take a beating. It's solid metal construction and the red led light is below the pedal, and the knobs are out of the way for the most part, although not submerged in the pedal like some professional models. If I went on the road, or to a gig I would use it, although I'd just make sure that the pedal wouldn't crap out on me at the moment I need it for say a bridge, also buy an ac adapter. It's just easier for gigs and such like. I would use this pedal on stage. Awesome pedal.

This product is very easy to get a sound out of. The battery compartment is about the easiest thing to open, which is uncommon, usually because other models make you pinch the sides, this little guy just lets you unscrew something in the front, and viola, you have yourself a easy battery change. The manual is self descriptive, however this pedal is discontinued, and they are usually factory re-seals so don't count on a manual.

Rock Boy
    I've got an AC-3 pedal and it sounds God! It's pretty much the same, but with a reverb knob.
    darkiii
    the difference between the two is that one gots reverb and the other doesnt? cuz im thinking about buying one for me..
    americablanco
    Discontinued? Wait...I saw an AC-2 at Guitar Center 2 months ago...I'm not sure if it was used but its a BOSS so I don't really think there's a diff. between a used and a brand spankin' new.
    jo3myster
    I just bought the ac-3 like 15 min. ago and i habnt been able 2 use t yet but when i played it at the store it was supersweeet