AC-2 Acoustic Simulator review by Boss

Boss: AC-2 Acoustic Simulator

Price paid: A$ 300

Purchased from: Allans Music

Great sound, no buzz, pretty much what you put in comes out. a must is a distortion pedal of some kind. if you have your loops going into an amp with gain things get really muddy, not to mention when you have the drums playing. I go from Axe > wah wah ext... > TS-9 > RC-2 > JCM 800. The drums are cheesy as hell but what do you expect, when you have 4 layers of guit on top you don't really notice them anyway.

I play anything from Hendrix to Tool. Blues or hard rock this thing is tops. I have been amazed at what sounds I have been able to create, and the great thing is at a flick of a Switch you can save them, nothing gets lost into the stratosphere unless you want it too. If it where stolen I would buy it again, Hmm if I could afford it I would maybe get an RC-20. Those Who aren't willing to fork out the $500(aus)though wont be disappointed by this pedal, great value.

Its Boss, built tough, never had a prob with their stuff. can't really give an opinion on the help line or soo on, I can say I wouldn't run this thing on battery power, get an adapter for it. Switches and buttons seam sturdy enough and the paint job on these don't scratch too easily.

Fairly instinctual to use, one quick read of the manual will fill you in on what can be done on the RC-2. I found a few problems with the auto "loop quantizing" that if you have a slightly strange rhythm when playing guitar ie adding a couple of trills will throw the Precision "guide" and put it two double or even triple tempo. This was no real drama as you can manually tap out the tempo then record your loop over the top. This is great for solo practice, the first day I had it I played from 10am till at least 12pm at night and my fingers gave up. The possibilities are limitless. I have heard a lot of people only talking about it as a prac Tool. This thing is great for a band, you can really get some tripy shit going on. I have played gigs with it has never let me down. that fact you have to bend down I don't think matters, plus you can always attach more foot controls if need be. The only thing I dislike about this pedal is you can only delete the last track you layed.

~Voodoo_Chile~
    OK IM A DOUCHE SORRY GUYS THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE RC-2 i must have been doing crack or something to get them mixed up, again soz LOL