AC-3 Acoustic Simulator review by Boss

Boss: AC-3 Acoustic Simulator

Purchased from: Music123.com

I am right now using a Epiphone Les Paul Custom and it's all being pushed through a 1968 Fender Princeton tube amp. Noise wise it's actually soft so you have to crank it up to hear the real tone that comes from the pedal especially if you plan on switching to a distortion pedal for a solo be concise of how loud you have your distortion pedal up because it'll grab you by the balls switching if your not expecting it which is a good thing but then it's really soft going back to it and harder to hear. The overall sound of it is amazing sounds like a real acoustic guitar if you know how to maneuver the settings right. I'm not big on playing othere peoples music but it definately works for what I play.

I play a lot of acoustic with distorted solos so this is an amazing match for my style of music. I have been playing for a little over a year and a half but I play any where from 3 to 5 hours a day. If this product was stolen I would be in a situation because I use it so often and I wouldn't be able to play right without it. My favorite feature is definitely the piezo effect it sounds the best for my playing but I use all the effects numerous times a day. This was really the only acoustic simulator pedal that had good reviews so I didn't really compare it too hard and it's a Boss pedal and every Boss pedal I played out did any other brand. So it wasn't a hard choice for me at all!

It's a battery killer so I would definitely recommend getting the adapter it'll save you a ton of money in the long run. I've used it during shows before I had a crackling noise but my chord had been handled bad by a friend and so some of the wires weren't connected. But overall I would trust this without a back up it has a heavy duty metal housing so it can take a beating.

The AC-3 has 4 modes; standard, jumbo, enhance, and piezo. It also has reverb/level, body, and top controls. It basically takes your guitars clean sound and makes it more clean and is a lot easier than trying to Switch from an acoustic to an electric for a solo or distorted part, the manual basically tells you basic info like how to get to the battery and gives you 3 presets and a couple blank spaces to right down ones you've found and liked.