AC-3 Acoustic Simulator review by Boss

Boss: AC-3 Acoustic Simulator

I'm using an ESP K.H-202 Kirk Hammett signature guitar equipped with E.M.G 81's bridge and neck pickup. I have a Line 6 Spider III HD150 head with 4x12 Speaker Cabinet. While I may only use the Jumbo function and just played around with the settings, I easily got the very similar and almost exact sound of Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. There are many other little guitar presets like standard, piezo, and enhance, but you cannot get the full acoustic sound with any of them but the jumbo unfortunately. This pedal does also have reverb for you own sound tweaking pleasure and to make some more realism into your acoustic sound.

I play styles ranging from classic rock to heavy metal. I really love Metallica, so this pedal is good at capturing tones like Fade To Black or even Nothing Else Matters. I have been playing for 3 years now and this is something that I will never regret buying! I love the fact that it gives me the sound I want, but they could have added a bit more instead of packing it with, in my opinion, other useless acoustic settings.

This is definitely a reliable pedal. I had dropped it once and it still works fine. When I'm rehearsing with my drummer, I am always stomping on it and it takes the beating and I still get my tone. Paint could chip off though... I would definitely use this on a gig without a backup because it is seriously that good!

The Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator is definitely easy to use and can deliver you some pretty realistic acoustic guitar sounds through your electric guitar. You don't really need any instruction on how to use it because it is recommended that you just play around with it to get that sound your looking for.

Damaged Roses
    Ive heard the stompbox in youtube and this sounds too metallic, maybe a steel acoustic but no way a nylon, by the way, Stairway to Heaven is played in an electric on the clean (or the amp cranked up with low lvl in ur guitar) lol