AW-2 Auto Wah review by Boss

Boss: AW-2 Auto Wah

Purchased from: Bobs Guitars

I have an upgraded Squire Strat and a 120 watt Crate GT212 amp. The pedal can have a noisy squeal if you just leave it on for a while (this will usually go away if you put it far enough away from the amp) this pedal doesn't have extreme wah effect it just puts a little wah at the end of your notes. I play allot of old rock, blues, and heavy stuff and this pedal handles fine. I don't use it very often but it does add some nice effect to solos. The only channel on my amp that it sounds bad with is the clean channel where it makes a popping wah sound.

This plays well for the style of music I play, although it doesn't come in handy very often there are solos that it helps in such as Sweet Child O' Mine. I have been playing for a few years now and I have a Morley Wah and a Boss Flanger and this pedal is a good add-on to my collection. If it got stolen it would tick me off quite a bit but I would not buy a new one because I don't use it enough to need a new one. I like how it gives a high wah tone for solos but then again its kind of annoying on the clean channel. It's fun to mess with the rate control to get different wah speeds. I wish it had more range but other then that it does what it's supposed too.

This pedal is very durable it is made of medal and I can't see how I would break it without using a hammer. I would defiantly gig with this pedal and I have for the few songs I use it in.

After tweaking the knobs a lot all you have to do is press down the pedal and get the auto wah sound. The input and outputs are labeled and the knobs are fairly straight forward. I got mine on sale used so it did not come with a manual, but you don't really need one.

duzit006
    RokkGuitarist50 wrote: Boss PW-10 V-Wah. Try it. Compare.
    Any Higher End Dunlop or Morley Wah. Try it. Compare.