BD-2 Blues Driver review by Boss

Boss: BD-2 Blues Driver

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I use this thing with my Epiphone G-310 SG. This is isn't noisy all by itself, but when you add to much distorion or Overdrive you get all this crappy scaping and feedback. This pedal should deffenatly be the leader of all your other pedals, I mean literally, make your other pedals obey it. No more distion is needed. The Overdrive is sweet and cool, too. This pedal does really sound like an old Vintage to. I can get some Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page out of this thing.

Well I play classic rock and blues, and this pedal goes great. I've been playing for 5 years and this is the only pedal I own at the moment. I used to own a DigiTech Hot Head Distortion Pedal, in which sucked! I have no compalints about this product at all. If it were stolen I'd buy a new one. I love the creamy distortion, and the classic Overdrive. I really like the fact that this pedal is so versital. You can get everything from a Clean Crunch, to Sabbath type metal out of the BD-2. I leave it with the "Level" at 4, "Tone" at 6, and "Drive" at 7 but don't be scared to experiment and get your own sound. This thing is really the Boss.

I can certainly depend on this thing, no questions. It is made perfectly, so you can step on it without fear of breaking it. This is a pedal I'd take to a gig without another distortion or Overdrive pedal. I would take a wah pedal, and a Digital Delay pedal though (the wah and the digital dely should also be Boss).

Now, to make it simple, this pedal is awesome and easy. Since there are only 3 knobs, you can easily get a really good sound out of this thing. The manual gives you some really cool examples on some sounds you can set this pedal to, but once again, there are only 3 knobs, so it's pretty easy to get a nice sound out of. The manual is still worth flipping through though. My unit has not been upgraded and I don't know what the firmware revision number is. It dosen't need editing patches.

delaqua
    i own this & used on lots of guitars(even my acoustic) & it works & sounds good for being a digitally driven pedal...the only problem is that the pots dont make too much of a distinctive difference when you adjust your settings...one of the great pedals by BOSS to try is their new Fender '59 BASSMAN w/COSM powered digital modeling..