BD-2 Blues Driver review by Boss

Boss: BD-2 Blues Driver

Purchased from: Music Go Round

The BD-2 pedal was designed for only one thing and that was to replicate the great and unquie sound of a well aged tube amp. This is one of the must have pedals. It's puts out the niced warm, soft, and scratchy blues distortion to way overdriven sound for that great classic rock tone. The pedal is completely noiseless and you can't tell when it has been turned on or off because there is no nasty pigs or static.

This is a great pedal. It may sound a little funny in the shop but once you tweek the gain and the tone just right, it sound like a dream. If I lost it, I would get a new one. There is nothing like the sound of a tube amp. This is my most favorite effect yet. I highly recommend it to everyone. Trust em, you won't be let down.

I have played with it a lot and I have no complaints. It has a metal body and pedal, and there is a light to warn you when the 9V battery is low. I think it is bomb proof (not water proof though). Just about everyone uses theese so that is one point prooved that these are well built pedals. Not those Danelectro peice of junks.

It's just a pedal (a dang good one at that) with no bells and whistles, it just does it's job. I bought it used so there was no manual included with it. It works great, it's small and battery powered, so transporting it is not a burdon. I have owned a couple of multi-effects processing boards and those are a pain to move around.

kop4
    dont let the "blues driver" name confuse u, I can easily play harder rock on it, like ratm. The effect owns!!
    jamescc
    cheeseisthebomb said that you should get a delay as well...i just bought a DD3 and i can get some good blues tones from that and im looking for something like this to make it perfect....does anybody play through both and if so does it sound good??
    cheeseisthebomb
    A Poe wrote: How does this compare with the Tube screamers fellas?
    The Tube Screamers are a little bit better. This pedal is the next best thing.