BD-2 Blues Driver review by Boss

Boss: BD-2 Blues Driver

Purchased from: R&J Music World

I am currently using a Squier Fat Strat with it going to a Vox AD15VT and a Roland Cube 15.It can be pretty noisy when you raise the gain far beyond after 3/4 but I was expecting that so it's ok. Don't mistake this pedal for only blues, You can get anywhere from a light distortion here to distortion perfect for hard rock. So you get a variety of distortion ranging from a Beatles type dist(Revolution, Helter Skelter)to Eric Clapton(Bad Love, Layla etc.)to Led Zeppelin(Whole Lotta love, Communication Breakdown etc.)to Guns N Roses(Knocking on Heaven's Door, My Michelle etc.) Through my Vox AD15VT it sounds beautiful, I got wonderful sound perfect for the artists/bands I mentioned above and more. On the otherhnad through my Cube 15 I found that it become a little complicated to get what I was looking for. This pedal I believe is perfect as a booster too. I had tried it with my Vox already slighty distorted and I got very close to sounds that I was looking for.Other than the problem with my Cube 15 setup this deserves a 9

I play Blues, Blues Rock, Hard Rock, Classic Rock a lot of Led Zeppelin, Beatles, some B.B. King, Eric Clapton, GNR, Some Queen, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd.This pedal is perfect for those styles. I find that with my Vox AD15VT it sounds wonderful and lovely. I don't regret buying it because I simply love the sound I can get with it. If it was stolen I'd definately buy another one. It's not that versatile but it can bend through the styles I play which makes it great. I compared this to the DigiTech Screamin' Blues and the Boss OD-3, and I found that I prefered this one. I found the sound of this to suit my style a lot more.

100% Sure I can depend on this thing.Its Boss what do you expect it's made of metal.If I drop it I wont worry abotu the pedal at all. I would definately gig without backup, even though I don't realy bring backup pedals. This thing is definately reliable it's built to last years and years. Its casing is hard to dent or scratch as long as you don't whip it at a wall or something.

My Boss BD-2 it stock,so no mods no upgrades.Its fairly easy to use with only 3 knobs(Tone,Drive,Level).It can be a little hard getting the sonund you want but with a little messing around,you can get what your looking for.A manual came with it,but its fairly straight forward not much of use but still pretty helpful.Since the manual contains some suggested settings you can use as a guide.

bossboy
    i dont think sum ppl know how 2 use these aye just beacause its a blues driver dont mean it will make u play blues good. they are fantastic pedals