BD-2 Blues Driver review by Boss

Boss: BD-2 Blues Driver

Purchased from: guitar center

The sound is incredible. I first tried this pedal out with a Fender American Telecaster and I was amazed at the wide variety of sounds I could get from it. You can get a nice clean Overdrive that sounds much like jimi hendrix style (hey joe, wind cries mary). To some hard dirty distortion that sounds like a more tom morello (Rage Against The Machine) distortion.

I play a lot of hendrix and AC DC and other classic rock and this pedal is perfect for either. It really captures that tone that hendrix had and I use it with an original cry baby wah and it sounds just like the record when I play voodoo chile. I have been playing for about 3 1\2 years: I use this with a Fender deluxe lonestar strat and a Crate 20g amp and it goes together nicely. Really I just wish I had a bit of a better amp because this one is ok but not that good. If the pedal got stolen I would try to get another one. I really love that it gets the sound I really aim for so perfectly, it's a perfect pedal for me. Well I was either gonna get this or the Ibanez ts9 turbo and I have to say the bd-2 was better. It was a lot more versatile then the ts9, but if you are looking for a specific sound that the ts9 has you might be better off with that of course.

Well I would definetly rely on this pedal it's made of tough metal and can take some falls. I would play without a backup without even second guessing.

Well like most Boss pedals it's really easy use, it has the 3 basic knobs: tone, gain. and level (volume). It didn't take me long at all to figure out how to use it, and it also came with the manual that gave some basic settings of sounds you can get out of it so it was pretty easy for me to get the hang of it.

TrippyLantern
    Interesting effect, couple this with a tube screaming (I use TS9). put one effect on low gain and tone, and the other on high.
    MasterExploder0
    Which pedal would be better for getting a classic rock or even a good hard rock sound? TS9 or this?