BD-2 Blues Driver review by Boss

Boss: BD-2 Blues Driver

Purchased from: Guitar Center, Calcutta

I used to have this single stomp box for a long time and it never failed to delight me.Using it with LP clone AV3, it sounds super. don't understand much about Mid ranges but it makes the guitar sound great. There is no noise upto 3 o'clock and I hardly go up till there.My general settings are Level- 11 o'clock, Tone -10 to 1 o; clock, Gain- 9 to 1 o clock. Within this range there is no noise. Makes me sound like Gilmour and Cale. But then Cale is GOD! The effect is beautiful and the Transparency is what attracted me to it, Did not want the guitar sound to be too mutilated. It does just that. This is not for Metal. For blues tones it creates Magic.

I play Classic rock, Blues, Soft rock and Instrumental! Goes fine with my kinda sound. I am not a professional player but this Blues Driver drives my sound to pro levels. Its gr8 turning the knobs and getting new ideas as the new sounds are catalytic to the cognitive process. I have heard a lot about 'Phat Mod" by Kelley but Staying where I am it is not within reach. But thanx to Roland distribution network I could get a gr8 Effect to my Axe Arsenal.I team it up with a Compressor and conventionally, I.e. First Compress then Overdrive and the sound I get is gr8. If stolen I would BEG, BORROW or STEAL $80 and straight way buy another 1. If any body wants a transparent sounding Overdrive for bluesy touch n sustain just go and buy it. But try it first. Never know, what is heaven for me might just be ONLY the stairway for you.

It is Boss. From what I understand from reviews It will last longer than me, considering it does not smoke 27 tobacco sticks/day like me! Can definitely depend on it for gigs and for safety got myself a Daisy Chain to power it. Back up never needed for this baby, Its painted Blue and the box is sturdy metal. No problems with that!

3 knobs, is pretty simple to operate and gives good tones by just fidgeting with it.Tried it before buying and with a Peavey amp it sounded good. Back at home with my 15 watt practise amp gives gr8 sound. Did not come with manual but downloaded from net. No chance of modding it for mr. But am using it and feel like am the happiest man! that's what it does to you.

dave_dve
    I'm looking for Blues overdrive pedal.. is this better than tube screamer?