BD-2 Blues Driver review by Boss

Boss: BD-2 Blues Driver

Purchased from: Local music store

I get a great bluesy sound from this pedal with my Hot Rod deluxe amp. In fact, it gets me any tone reaching from BB king to artists like Hendrix, and it does it well. I own an american standard strat, les paul, and an Epiphone sheraton, and they all sound great with this pedal. The pedal itself is an overdrive/distortion pedal, and therefore it can also act like a decent fuzz pedal which is awesome. The tone of the pedal it self is very crunchy and smooth.

Overall, this pedal has impressed me on a lot of aspects: tone, looks, durability, reliability. So I don't really see what more would be needed. Overall, and awesome distortion/OD pedal that I can recommend to anyone out there, but deathmetal guitarists. :)

I feel like I could drop it from my apartment (3rd floor) without anything happening to the pedal, its feels like a Black Box from an airplane, compact, heavy, robust and intact. So yes, I can very easily depend on this pedal. I would have no problem bring this pedal to a gig without a backup either.

A very simple pedal, very straight forward. A manual comes with it if you purchase a new one. Haven't needed it yet since the compact series of Boss are the simplest pedals out there, but I've looked through it and it does indeed explain how to use all aspects of the pedals well.

salgala2000
    What? This pedal isn't digital. Take a look at the schematic...
    delaqua wrote: i own this & used on lots of guitars(even my acoustic) & it works & sounds good for being a digitally driven pedal...the only problem is that the pots dont make too much of a distinctive difference when you adjust your settings...one of the great pedals by BOSS to try is their new Fender '59 BASSMAN w/COSM powered digital modeling..