BD-2 Blues Driver review by Boss

• Reviewer's score: 2.5 Junky
Boss: BD-2 Blues Driver

Price paid: C$ 99

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

Using a Tele '52 reissue with a Princeteon Reverb II (1983) or a Blues Junior. Lot's of hiss when ramping up the gain to a point where the pedal is even noticeable as an effect; not happy with that. Not a big effect overall, in fact no different than driving the amps alone.

I'm returning it for a refund only because it adds nothing to the sound I can get from the Princeton or Blues Jr when fully driven. I wanted to see what it might do over & above but it added nothing. Your experience may differ depending on the rig your using so not knocking the pedal; just not for me.

haven't had it long enough to comment but if it's like other Boss pedals, I think it will wear well. I haven't had an issue with my other Boss pedal (delay) so can't say I'd have any concern over this one. Yes, I'd use it without a backup but then again, I wouldn't use it with a trusty tube amp like the PRII.

Easy to work with, 3 controls, two of which are more or less redundant against your amp & guitar controls near as I could tell. For the most part, gain is all I needed to adjust. Level had plenty of room if you need however. Tone control; they could have done away with this in my opinion and just adjust tone through the amp.