BF-2 Flanger review by Boss

Boss: BF-2 Flanger

When I had this, I was using it with my old Line 6 Spider III 75w and then with my current Vox AC4TV for a little while. The first amp was a piece of junk and made the pedal sound bad on it. The latter sounded pretty with it, but I didn't have much of a use for it with a low-gain amp, so I ended up selling it away. It is noisy in the sense that it is very present in the mix. When not playing, you can hear this up and down swirling sound. This pedal is not weak. It is a present, strong effect. I bought this pedal out of love for my favorite guitarist at the time, Adam Jones. And I really only used it for playing Tool songs on guitar. I would say this pedal, and really any decent flanger for that matter, is good for high-gain, "heavy metal" guitar playing. So if that's what you're in to, I would recommend this pedal.

When I had this, I pretty much just used it for playing Tool songs and occasionally some Rage Against the Machine. I was into playing metal at the time. I think this pedal is only really good for high-gain stuff. I've been playing for 3 years. I liked it when I was more into metal. It served its purpose for the time I had it, and I look back on it positively because of that. It had pretty good tone overall. Better than the newer BF-3. I sold it because I lost any real purpose for it, so it isn't very versatile. It's good for only really one thing. Otherwise, it's not worth the purchase. It was a good flanger.

I could depend on it. It was a few years old when I got it, it still worked fine, and it worked the same when I sold it away. I had it for a few months. I took good care of it and it held out just fine. I never got to gig with it. I just played in my bedroom at the time.

I had some trouble with the Boss BF-2 when I first got it. I didn't quite understand what the individual knobs did. I could tell that they changed the sweep and swirl of the pedal, but I was a bit lost and had to fiddle around with different settings until I decided on 1 or 2 I liked. I didn't have a manual for it because I bought it used (hence the low price tag for me). I just figured it out through trial and error. Flanger is kind of a unique effect, so it's easy to get what you want out of a flanger from it.