BF-3 Flanger review by Boss

Boss: BF-3 Flanger

Purchased from: Bobs Guitars

I use this pedal with an upgraded Squire Strat and a Crate GT212 120 watt amp this pedal is amazing for what I play. Other then it making a whooshing sound when you turn it on there is no annoying ringing or anything. The effects on this pedal are ultra, standard, gate, and momentary all of these effects work grate for my style I can get a perfect Van Halen flange or play No Bodies Fault But Mine by Led Zeppelin. All the effects are amazing on this; you can play with the knobs all day and never get board.

I play rock, blues, and heavy rock and this pedal is perfect for my style of playing. I've been playing for a few years now and this pedal goes good with my Morley Wah, Boss Auto Wah, and Arion Delay. If this pedal got stolen I would get a new one with in the 10 minutes I found it was gone. The pedal has awesome tones and its fun to play with the gate effect to make a choppy sound, the only thing I can say that's bad about this pedal is when you accidentally turn the tempo on but that doesn't happen often (just don't leave your foot on it too long). I've compared this pedal to Line 6 and it blows them away. Get this pedal you will love it!

This pedal is like most other Boss pedals, it is impossible to break. The pedal is made of solid metal and has rubber padding on the bottom for good support. I have gigged this pedal and I have never needed a back up (this pedal is very handy for gigs). If you play on gigs allot for any style of music you should defiantly try this pedal out, I guarantee you will fall in love with it.

This pedal is the best Flanger I have come across. All you do is set it to one of its many amazing settings and push down the pedal to get a great Flanger sound. You can press it down for 2 seconds to set the Tempo. The Manuel for this pedal is very good it has different settings that sound awesome (especially for Van Halen).

metal_skill
    dude i wouldnt go with the ds-1. i had one and the best i could say was ok. the only reason i used it was because i started out with a bass amp and used it for the distortion. when i got a real amp the distortion on the amp was better. i use an mt-2 now but i dont know what to suggest for just normal distortion rather than really metal.
    [B]C [R]ich
    this is definetly the best flanger ive used, never heard a single complain about it, but if you plan on buying one, be sure to buy an adapter for it, it will go through batteries like crazy if you leave it plugged in.
    ext_22
    mt 2 + flanger and play some really fast palm muted riffs..its awesome guys try it